Lowville, NY- The Lewis County Board of Legislators held their regular monthly
meeting yesterday morning, with nine of ten legislators present. Legislator
Richard Chartrand was excused.
The meeting started with legislators holding a ceremony recognizing longevity
milestones for 31 employees. Following the meeting an Employee Appreciation
Picnic was held, where legislators served lunch to County employees.
Highlights from the meeting include:
- Warren Shaw was appointed as Highway Superintendent by a 9-0 vote. Mr.
Shaw takes over for David Becker, who retired in late July. Mr. Shaw has
served as Deputy Highway Superintendent for the County for the past few
years, after serving as Town of Croghan Highway Superintendent for many
years. The board also agreed to pay for Mr. Shaw's annual blasting license
- The board set a public hearing for the September 4 meeting, at 5 PM, to
obtain community input for the Lewis County Housing Rehabilitation
Program and the Community Development Block Grant Program.
- A public hearing was also set, for the September 4 meeting, for the addition
of the Durkish property in the Town of Diana to the Lewis County ATV Trail
- The board appointed Gary Rosiczkowski, of Turin, to the Lewis County
- Rock Bottom Well Drilling was awarded a $16,850.00 contract for the
construction of a 5-gallon per minute water supply well and all related
appurtenances for the Singing Waters Park Revitalization Project.
Full video from the meeting is included below: